Marigold Sweater - Crew Pattern
Marigold is a sophisticated knit sweater with an organic and romantic shape. Featuring a gathered dolman sleeve and bound neckline, it can be made as a sculptural or drapey sweater depending on the fabric you use.
View A features a semi-cropped length with a seam line and fabric band at the waist. View B is longer and ends at low hip, perfect for tucking into pants and skirts.
Pattern Difficulty: Confident BeginnerLearn more about how we rank pattern difficulty
- Sturdy knit fabrics with at least 20% crosswise stretch, such as stretch fleece, French terry, ponte, sweater knits, and double knits. If you want to experiment with drapey light to medium-weight jersey knits, consider replacing bound neckline and cuffs with a traditional knit "tshirt" band.
Yardage (sizes 0-20) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
VIEW A - WITH BAND ~ Sizes 0-14 = 1.5 yd (1.25 m), Sizes 16-20 = 1.75 yd (1.5 m)
VIEW B - WITH HEM ~ Sizes 0-20 = 1.5 yd (1.25 m)
Yardage (sizes 14-32) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
VIEW A - WITH BAND ~ Sizes 14-26 = 1.75 yd (1.5 m), Sizes 28-32 = 2 yd (1.75 m)
VIEW B - WITH HEM ~ Sizes 14-20 = 1.5 yd (1.25 m), Sizes 22-32 = 1.5 yd (1.5 m)
- Elastic for sleeve cuffs, 1 yd (1 m) x 1/4" (6 mm) wide
- Stretch, ballpoint, or jersey needle
- Optional: Double needle or coverstitch machine to finish hem of View B
- Thread in matching colour
PDF File Details
|Sizes 0-20||Sizes 14-32|
|Letter / A4||27 pages||31 pages|
|Copyshop / A0||2 pages||2 pages|