Butterscotch Convertible Bag - Crew Pattern
We all have stuff to carry in this life, and nothing beats a beautiful satchel to hold it all in. Enter the Butterscotch Bag - functional, flexible, and fully convertible. It works both as a backpack and a crossbody bag with just the switch of a strap! Loaded with pockets for water bottles, pens, phones, notebooks, kittens, and secrets, it’s a great stash buster and a wonderful opportunity to play with colour, texture, and print.
View A is a small backpack that converts into a crossbody bag. View B is a large “schoolˮ size backpack that converts into a large crossbody bag.
Both sizes feature a flap with closure, side pockets, a drawstring interior, a fully lined interior with pockets, and an optional zipper compartment.
Pattern Difficulty: Confident BeginnerLearn more about how we rank pattern difficulty
- We recommend mid to heavy bottomweight fabrics for the body of the bag like denim, twill, and canvas.
- For a strong lining, choose stable and sturdy wovens like quilting cotton, cotton broadcloth, and light to midweight cotton twill.
Yargdage - 45inch / 1.14 m wide
VIEW A - SMALL BAG ~ With Fabric Straps = 1.5 yd (1.25 m), With Webbing Straps = 0.75 yd (0.75 m), Lining = 0.75 yd (0.75 m)
VIEW B - LARGE BAG ~ With Fabric Straps = 2 yd (1.75 m), With Webbing Straps = 1.25 yd (1.25 m), Lining = 1 yd (1 m)
Yargdage - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
VIEW A - SMALL BAG ~ With Fabric Straps = 1.5 yd (1.25 m), With Webbing Straps = 0.75 yd (0.75 m), Lining = 0.5 yd (0.5 m)
VIEW B - LARGE BAG ~ With Fabric Straps = 1.5 yd (1.25 m), With Webbing Straps = 1 yd (1 m), Lining = 1 yd (1 m)
- D-rings, 4 x 1.5" (38 mm) wide
- Swivel hooks, 3 x 1.5" (38 mm) wide
- Strap slider, 1 x 1.5" (38 mm) wide
- Optional: Zipper, 6" (15 cm) long
- Optional: Cording, 2 yds (1.8 m) of 5-6 mm (can be replaced with fabric drawstring)
- Optional: Webbing for straps, 3 yds (1.8 m) x 1.5" (38 mm) wide (can substitute with sewn fabric straps)
- Optional: Grommets, 2 x size #0 or #1, inside diameter 6-7 mm (can be replaced with machine buttonhole)
- Optional: Cord stoppers to finish ends of drawstring (can be replaced with knotted end)
- Matching thread
- Marking tool
PDF File Details
|Letter / A4||32 pages||46 pages|
|Copyshop / A0||2 pages||2 pages|