Marine Breton Top - Crew Pattern
Channel your inner “je ne sais quoi” with the Marine Top, our twist on an iconic Breton marinière. With a gently flared sleeve, slouchy fit, dropped shoulder, and classic details like a wide bateau neckline, topstitched facing, and split hem, you’ll feel like you stepped right out of a French New Wave film in this chic knit top.
• View A has a 3/4 length sleeve with a standard neckline facing.
• View B has a wrist skimming sleeve and features a shoulder-wide facing enclosed in the armscye.
Pattern Difficulty: Confident BeginnerLearn more about how we rank pattern difficulty
- We suggest stable knits such as mid to heavyweight cotton jersey and interlock, French terry, sweatshirt fleece, ponte, and double knits. Striped fabrics are ideal for a classic Breton look, but solids work just as well.
Yardage (sizes 0-20) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
VIEW A - 3/4 SLEEVE + STANDARD FACING ~ Sizes 0-8 = 1.5 yd (1.4 m), Sizes 10-20 = 1.75 yd (1.6 m)
VIEW B - FULL LENGHT SLEEVE + WIDE FACING ~ Sizes 0-20= 1.75 yd (1.6 m),
Yardage (sizes 14-32) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
VIEW A - 3/4 SLEEVE + STANDARD FACING ~ Sizes 14-20 = 1.75 yd (1.6 m), Sizes 22-32 = 2 yd (1.8 m)
VIEW B - FULL LENGHT SLEEVE + WIDE FACING ~ Sizes 14-26 = 2 yd (1.8 m), Sizes 28-32 = 2.25 yd (2 m)
- Fusible knit interfacing (note you may not be able to interface textured knits like fleece + terry)
- Machine needle for knits
- Thread in a matching color
- Optional: Double needle for topstitching
PDF File Details
|Sizes 0-20||Sizes 14-32|
|Letter / A4||21||26|
|Copyshop / A0||1||2|