Sepia Pants - Crew Pattern
The Sepia Pants are a clever design that blend style and comfort, featuring a gently rounded barrel shape through the leg, a soft paperbag waist, and beautifully topstitched layered pockets.
To create the stylish yet unconventional pegged barrel silhouette, darts are sewn at knee and hem for shaping. Functional double pockets in the front are sewn to create a floating effect, with additional topstitched pockets in the back. A traditional elastic waistband is elevated with a fluted paperbag edge, and optional drawstring.
Pattern Difficulty: BeginnerLearn more about how we rank pattern difficulty
- To highlight the silhouette of the pant, we suggest crisp wovens with some degree of structure, such as light to heavy-weight linen, lightweight denim (under 10 oz), and midweight cottons such as ikat, chambray, broadcloth, twill + canvas.
Yardage (sizes 0-20) - 45inch / 1.14 m wide
~ Sizes 0-8 = 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 10-14 = 3 yd (2.75 m), Sizes 16-20 = 3.25 yd (3 m)
Yardage (sizes 0-20) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
~ Sizes 0-8 = 2 yd (1.75 m), Sizes 10-14 = 2.25 yd (2 m), Sizes 16-20 = 2.75 yd (2.5 m)
Yardage (sizes 14-32) - 45inch / 1.14 m wide
~ Sizes 14-20 = 3.25 yd (3 m), Sizes 22-26 = 3.5 yd (3.25 m), Sizes 28-32 = 3.75 yd (3.5 m)
Yardage (sizes 14-32) - 58inch / 1.5 m wide
~ Sizes 14-20 = 2.5 yd (2.25 m), Sizes 22-26 = 2.75 yd (2.5 m), Sizes 28-32 = 3 yd (2.75 m)
- Elastic for waistband, 1.5" (38 mm) wide (see Fabric Requirements for amount)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing, 1/4 yd (0.25 m) for 58" (1.5 m) wide interfacing
- Optional: Drawstring, 1.5–2 yards (1.5–2m), can be replaced with drawstring sewn from self fabric
- Optional: Topstitching thread
- Thread in matching colour
- Marking Tool
Both size ranges are included with your download of any Crew Pattern.
PDF File Details
|Sizes 0-20||Sizes 14-32|
|Letter / A4||31 pages||39 pages|
|Copyshop / A0||2 pages||2 pages|