DISCOVER THIS MONTH'S PATTERN
CONNECT IN THE COMMUNITY!
We want to get to know you! Tell us what you’re planning to sew this month, chat with the Closet Core team, get support from fellow members and make new friends!
Shop Our Samples:
Fabric Suggestions From Core Fabrics
What You’ll Need:
To highlight the silhouette of the pant, we suggest crisp wovens with some degree of structure, such as:
- Light to heavy-weight linen
- Lightweight denim (under 10 oz)
- Midweight cottons such as ikat, chambray, broadcloth, twill + canvas
- Elastic for waistband, 1.5" (38 mm) wide (see Fabric Requirements for amount)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing, 1/4 yd (0.25 m) for 58" (1.5 m) wide interfacing
- Optional: Drawstring, 1.5–2 yards (1.5–2m), can be replaced with drawstring sewn from self fabric
- Optional: Topstitching thread
- Thread in matching colour
- Marking Tool
Closet Core Discounts
Our Plus + Unlimited members get access to exclusive discounts for everything in the Closet Core Patterns shop! When you are logged in to your account, the discount is automatic and will be applied to your order during checkout - please make sure you are logged in to activate it!
No more products available for purchase
Let customers speak for us2202 reviews
I was expecting mid weight to mean a finer weave and not so stiff. The fabric is heavy, course weave and like a heavy denim feel. I did go ahead and make the slim leg Mitchell pants and they look pretty good but I wish the fabric was not so utilitarian.
Made the Graphite top ☺️. Plan to purchase another colour to make just a little tweak. 😉
This fabric has some structure to it. It’s crisp, washed well and is easy to work with.
Very nice and soft fabric
I feel like I've been missing these my whole sewing life! I mean, yes, you can use a pair of scissors, but the smaller size and close quick snip make these much easier to control and they take up less space on my small sewing table.
The fabric is very soft and the color is beautiful!