Learn to Sew Lingerie | Sewing Class
Do you love beautiful lingerie and dream of creating custom-made bras and undies? Want to level up your sewing skills and learn to become your very own lingerie designer?
Welcome to the class designed to teach you everything you need to know to start sewing your own bras and underwear! Learn to Sew Lingerie is a comprehensive guide to creating gorgeous, custom-made lingerie sets from the comfort of your own home, available anytime, anywhere. Using our Céline Bralette and Anaïs Undies patterns, we'll walk you through every step of the lingerie-making process, from fitting and alterations, choosing fabrics and elastics, to constructing each garment from start to finish using a regular sewing machine. Heather Lou, founder of Closet Core Patterns, teaches each lesson in simple language everyone can understand, so you'll develop the sewing skills and confidence to become your very own lingerie designer!
Work at your own pace – anytime, anywhere, on any device – and learn everything you need to know to sew your own custom made bralettes and undies!
In this course you’ll learn:
- How to choose resilient fabrics for a supportive bralette and comfortable undies, and how to combine different fabrics for both design and function
- How to choose a size, adjust the fit, grade between sizes, and make pattern adjustments
- How to sew with a variety of lingerie elastics and findings
- The best tools and techniques to get professional looking results on a regular sewing machine using standard zig zag stitches
- How to troubleshoot and solve common problems
- How to sew two styles of undies from start to finish, including a paneled brief and a seamless style, using both fold over and plush back elastic
- How to sew two styles of bralettes from start to finish, using fold over and plush back elastic
- How to hack and customize the included patterns in a variety of unique ways
- How to care for your handmade lingerie
Part of our "Chez Moi" lingerie collection, the Celine Bralette and Anais undies in sizes 0-32 are a beautiful addition to wardrobe. Loaded with variations and options, you can create an endless variety of matching sets or individual pieces depending on the features and fabrics you select.
The Celine Bralette is a comfortable and elegant soft cup bralette with light support and a bust dart for shaping. Choose between two distinct styles: View A features a mesh or lace insert bust insert and a foldover elastic finish. View B is a more minimalist style with a clean finish neckline and fabric wrapped underbust elastic. In the 0-20 size range, choose between A/B and C/D cup sizes. For the 14-32 size range, choose between C/D and E/F cup sizes.
The Anais undies merge style and comfort in a versatile pattern you’ll be delighted to wear all day long. Choose between a classic panelled brief in a high or low bikini rise, or a unique seamless style created from a doubled layer of mesh, in a high or mid rise. Both views can be made with fold over or plush back elastic.
Please note both patterns are in a downloadable PDF format only.
Included with enrollment:
- The Celine Bralette and Anais Undies in PDF format
- A downloadable Fit Guide that outlines common fit issues and how to fix them
- A helpful stitch chart and guide to dyeing lingerie notions
- A detailed supply guide to help you source fabric and supplies
- Watch anywhere video lessons with optional Closed Captioning
SECTION ONE: Lingerie Sewing Basics
- Lesson One - Part One: Lingerie Fabrics, Elastics and Notions
- Lesson One - Part Two: Sewing Lingerie Tools and Supplies
- Lesson Two: Choosing your Size, Printing and Cutting
- Lesson Three: Fit and Common Alterations
- Lesson Four: Sewing Lingerie Fabrics and Elastics
SECTION TWO: Sewing the Patterns Included in Class
- Lesson Five: Sewing the Anaïs Undies - View A
- Lesson Six: Sewing the Anaïs Undies - View B
- Lesson Seven: Sewing the Céline Bralette - View A
- Lesson Eight: Sewing the Céline Bralette - View B
- Lesson Nine: Bonus! Design alterations for the Céline Bralette
- Self-paced lessons mean you decide when the class begins and ends, and how many times you watch it over and over again
- Helpful tips, techniques, and methods for making your own clothes from an industry expert
- Acquire sewing skills that are transferrable and can be built upon in future sewing projects
- Get additional help! You can always count on a response from the Closet Core team when you leave a comment or question in the lesson
- All videos include closed captions
Meet Your Instructor
Heather Lou is the force behind Closet Core Patterns and Core Fabrics. As a pattern designer and sewing educator, she has been writing and teaching about sewing for over a decade, and has taught thousands of people to sew, both online and in sold-out sewing workshops across North America & Europe. Her work has been featured in Threads, Sew News, Seamwork, Love Sewing and Sewing World magazine.
With her contagiously positive attitude, Heather’s teaching style is fun, approachable, and filled with helpful tips and techniques to help you transform the outfits in your imagination into a self-made wardrobe you love — not one you’re limited to buying off the rack.
Sewing isn't just a tremendously fulfilling hobby - it's a gateway to loving body acceptance, creative superpowers you never knew existed, and a soothing, mindful practice that helps you escape the ceaseless parade of fast fashion.
Learning to sew will — seriously — change your life.
Frequently Asked Questions