Job & Career Opportunities
Job & Career Opportunities
Closet Core Patterns is hiring! We are currently looking for an experienced freelance Technical Editor and a freelance Graphic Designer to assist our team on an as-needed basis. Read on for more info.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity + Inclusion:
Diversity is our gift, inclusion our ethos, and equity our daily focus. We are grateful for the richness of experience, opportunity and point of view that arises from building and growing a diverse team. We want every employee to feel supported, empowered and celebrated just as they are; this is part of our DNA. As lifelong learners, we continually focus on providing our people with the support they need to thrive both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an experienced and eagle eyed freelance technical editor to help edit, review and proofread all components of our sewing patterns before they go to print. The ideal candidate is incredibly detail oriented, passionate about sewing, and very knowledgeable about garment construction.
- Review and proofread our instruction booklets for clarity, punctuation, grammar, content, tone and style
- When necessary, sew a test garment to review order and clarity of instructions
- Suggest improvements to flow or alternative methods of construction if applicable
- Proofread our envelopes for typos, errors, etc.
- Review and proof our graded pattern files for typos, errors, etc.
- Incredibly detail oriented with a reputation for catching the tiny mistakes other people miss
- Passionate about sewing and very knowledgeable about garment construction and home sewing conventions
- Have a bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or a technical fashion design degree
- Proven experience as a technical writer/editor
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, and page composition skills
- Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus
Please send a CV with references, in addition to a cover letter introducing yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 30th, 2022. Ideally, our chosen candidates will be able to start as soon as possible in June. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are looking to collaborate with a highly creative freelance graphic designer to design a variety of visual and creative assets on an as needed basis.The ideal candidate has exceptional design and presentation skills, a strong understanding of branding and marketing, and the ability to produce work based on clear written or verbal direction.
- Produce web-friendly templates for use on our blog, shop or social media
- Create print media assets like promotional postcards and other marketing materials
- Design product packaging
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio of work
- Organizational and time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experience using Canva a plus
This is a freelance, contract position. Work can be done remotely, and as such we are open to candidates from across North America. Remuneration based on candidate's hourly rate.
Please send your portfolio and a cover letter introducing yourself to email@example.com no later than Monday, May 30th, 2022. Ideally, our chosen candidates will be able to start as soon as possible in June. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.