Job & Career Opportunities
Who We Are
Closet Core Patterns is a sewing pattern design and education company aimed at giving sewists the tools and techniques to create the wardrobe of their dreams. Wherever you work in our company, you will have the opportunity to bring new ideas to continuously improve our products, service and offerings, and deliver real value to our customers. Together we go beyond.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Diversity is our gift, inclusion our ethos, and equity our daily focus.
We are grateful for the richness of experience, opportunity and point of view that arises from building and growing a diverse team. We want every employee to feel supported, empowered and celebrated just as they are; this is part of our DNA. As lifelong learners, we continually focus on providing our people with the support they need to thrive both professionally and personally.
We are looking for an experienced project manager to join our growing team as a Sewing Pattern Project Manager here in Montreal.
Working closely with our founder and in-house designer/patternmaker, you will be responsible for coordinating our sewing pattern development process from preliminary idea to finished pattern, for use by hobby sewists.
We are looking for someone who gets things done! More specifically, a team player with exceptional project management skills, who enjoys following a clear and defined process, and shepherding multiple projects through all stages of development and execution. The ideal candidate also has a background in fashion (or has substantial experience sewing as a hobby) with good sewing skills and a strong understanding of clothing construction, in addition to a discerning mind that can spot a potential problem with a drafted pattern, or visualize how a garment will come together.
If you are a person who gets it done and the potential to grow and evolve within a fast paced and mission-led company excites you, we would love to meet you!
- Lead + guide the development process of our sewing patterns (15-18 designs per year) by effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, coordinating, and delivering all activities in the creation of our two lines of published patterns
- Work closely with our in-house designer/patternmaker and sample maker to review pattern designs from first to final draft (through sketches, CAD/Optitex drafted patterns, 3D renderings, and live model fittings)
- Map the garment construction process, and identify the sewing and finishing techniques needed for each sewing pattern. Sew test garments as needed in conjunction with our sample maker to refine details, techniques, and construction methods.
- Write instructions to accompany each pattern (may have the assistance of a technical copywriter if needed)
- Coordinate with illustrator and graphic designer to assemble booklets and patterns in a variety of formats using Illustrator and Indesign
- Prepare patterns for review by our technical editor and copy editor, and then finalize and export for finished release
- Place orders with our printers and liaise with our shipping manager to monitor print pattern inventory
- Participate in an open, ideas driven, and collaborative team, where your input and improvements are welcome and encouraged
- Exceptional project management, planning, and organizational skills - minimum 2 years working as project manager or similarly highly organized position
- A degree or DEC in logistics and operations, project management, business administration, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient with project management tools and software (we use Monday, Slack, Google Office, Fellow)
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects simultaneously, good at prioritizing your time
- Strong attention to detail, the kind of person who catches mistakes other people may miss
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to create alignment and reach consensus
- Able to consistently meet deadlines and deliverables
- Fluent command of English, both written and verbal (French is an asset)
- A strong understanding of garment construction, with experience sewing clothes (fitting knowledge is a huge asset)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign (training can be provided)
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Available to work in-person in our studio 1-2 days a week
- Work-life balance is a priority for us. We offer a flexible work environment with a mix of in-studio and at-home work (1-2 days a week are required in person for fittings and team meetings)
- A fun, collaborative, supportive, and inclusive work environment
- Profit sharing available
- Vacation + sick days
- Employee discounts and freebies from us and our sister store, Core Fabrics
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Please send a CV with references, in addition to a cover letter introducing yourself, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 5th, 2023, to start as soon as possible in late June. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.