Amy Jumpsuit Pattern
Fabric and Supplies
Drapey wovens such as rayon challis, tencel, silk, and viscose will create a soft, swishy effect.
Crisp, lightweight wovens like double gauze, linen, and lawn will provide a more structured silhouette.
45" / 1.14m
VIEW A: 0-8 = 3.5 yd/3.2m, 10-16 = 3.75 yd/3.5m, 18-20 = 4 yd/3.75m
VIEW B: 0-8 = 4.25 yd/3.8m, 10-16 = 4.5 yd/4.1m, 18-20 = 5.25 yd/4.8m
58" / 1.5m
VIEW A: 0-8 = 2.75 yd/2.5m, 10-16 = 3.25 yd/3m, 18-20 = 3.5 yd/3.2m
VIEW B: 0-8 = 2.75 yd/2.5m, 10-16 = 3.55 yd/3.2m, 18-20 = 3.75 yd/3.5m
- 7" (18 cm) invisible zipper
- Marking tool
- Polyester thread
- Lightweight fusible interfacing to stabilize neckline and zipper location
- Measuring tape
- Chalk pencil or other marking tool
- Optional: tailor's ham, for pressing bust darts
From the Closet Core Patterns Community
I sewed the Amy up for a friend's wedding, and it was a delight to make! I made a size 6, which on reflection may have been a little too big for me, but it did mean that I could slip into it without needing to put in the zipper :) As it's a really flowy style, being a little bigger doesn't matter too much, except that the shoulders keep slipping off. I'll just put a catch on so I can clip it onto my bra straps though, and that should fix it. I made it out of a linen/cotton blend that I'd had in my stash for a few months, and I had been searching for a pattern that would allow its large-scale floral to shine without looking too... done up. This was perfect, and I've worn it a few times since, dressed down with a blouse underneath (as pictured). I think that, despite staystitching and careful handling, I managed to stretch out the neckline - so next time I'd interface as well, as the pattern suggests.
Just before school let out for the summer, I downloaded, printed, and taped the pattern for the Amy jumpsuit. It was the first time I had ever printed out a pattern before, but it worked beautifully. I made the short version and wore it several times. I altered the shoulder straps so that I could tie them in a square knot at the top of each shoulder. This allowed for any needed adjustment. Loved the finished product! (I am on the far right.)
I cannot wait to make this in every color.
This is the second closed core pattern I made and again the instructions and sizing were great.
I made mine in a flowery viscose and love the way it flows. Perfect for summer!
Amazing pattern! Easy to understand for a beginner and really versatile.
I was scared about making my first lining and using a zipper, but the instructions and graphics were clear and concise
I've made one with rayon challis and linen and will probably make another one soon!
Pattern works up pretty easily, and is supremely comfy to wear. In addition to a regular version of this, I also made a version using the shirred top "hack" from the Closet Core blog, and I also used the waist down section of the pattern to make myself a supremely comfy pair of wide leg elastic waist capris. I constantly get compliments when I wear the items I made from this pattern. My only wish is that they had a D cup version as well so I didn't have to do a FBA. But I got through it with the help of a few blogs. This pattern easily becomes a wardrobe staple.